- The success or failure of a person or enterprise over a period of time or in the course of a particular activity
- luck: an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that leads to a favorable outcome; 'it was my good luck to be there'; 'they say luck is a lady'; 'it was as if fortune guided his hand'
- Chance or luck as an external, arbitrary force affecting human affairs
- luck: an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another; 'bad luck caused his downfall'; 'we ran into each other by pure chance'
- A small group of words standing together as a conceptual unit, typically forming a component of a clause
- A group of notes forming a distinct unit within a longer passage
- (phrase) divide, combine, or mark into phrases; 'phrase a musical passage'
- (phrase) give voice: put into words or an expression; 'He formulated his concerns to the board of trustees'
- (phrase) an expression consisting of one or more words forming a grammatical constituent of a sentence
- A circular object that revolves on an axle and forms part of a machine
- Used in reference to the cycle of a specified condition or set of events
- steering wheel: a handwheel that is used for steering
- change directions as if revolving on a pivot; 'They wheeled their horses around and left'
- A circular object that revolves on an axle and is fixed below a vehicle or other object to enable it to move easily over the ground
- a simple machine consisting of a circular frame with spokes (or a solid disc) that can rotate on a shaft or axle (as in vehicles or other machines)
wheel of fortune phrases - Wheel of
Get ready to spin that wheel! Vanna White is your hostess in this home version of TV's popular game show. Compete head-to-head with an opponent or against the computer's video contestants to score points and win big. Gameplay is similar to the hit TV program. Contestants must guess the correct letters to slowly uncover a surprise word or phrase. Each spin of the wheel determines the dollar value of a correct guess. You can also buy vowels to help you solve a puzzle. This game contains hundreds of unique phrases and words to guess, which ensures that you'll return to play numerous times.
There have been many home versions of Wheel of Fortune over the years, but this version boasts gameplay that is most faithful to the original televised version. The celebrity presence of hostess Vanna White adds an element of legitimacy to the game, but her canned commentaries do get old quickly. Where's Pat Sajak when you need him? --Brett Atwood
Hundreds of unique puzzles to solve
Faithful reproduction of the hit TV series
Vanna White irritates after prolonged exposure
This was created on Adobe Illustrator. The lettering is kind of hard to read so here it is: the words circling the globe read, 'The power of words can change the fortune of the world;' the lettering on the base (the wheel of fortune which shows the four stages of man from infancy to death) reads, 'Quod scripsi, scripsi,' which translates (I think) as 'What I have written, I have written;' and 'Fortuna Illuminet Viam Tuam', the phrase on the banner, translates as, ' Let fortune light your way.'
A Popular Phrase Or Saying
A Wheel of Fortune-inspired piece of art in Banksy's Cans Festival under Waterloo Station in London.